(WEST NIPISSING, ON) – An unwanted person has been arrested and charged with multiple offences after police arrived.
On January 12, 2023, at 10:25 a.m., members from the Nipissing West Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to an unwanted person at an establishment on Front Street, West Nipissing.
The unwanted person was known to police and was arrested for an outstanding warrant. A search of the person located a concealed weapon.
As a result of the investigation, Brandon KOSTER, 27-years-of-age, from West Nipissing was charged with:
· Fail to Comply with Probation Order, contrary to section 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code (CC)
· Possession of Firearm or Ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order, contrary to section 117.01(1) of the CC
· Resist Peace Officer, contrary to section 129(a) of the CC
· Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose, contrary to section 88, of the CC
· Carrying concealed weapon, contrary to section 90, of the CC
The accused was held for Bail Court, then remanded back into custody and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice on January 18, 2023, in North Bay.