On September 25, 2019 at approximately 1:45 a.m., members of the West Nipissing Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a home invasion on Nipissing Street in Sturgeon Falls, Ontario.
Preliminary investigation revealed that three suspects forced their way into a motorhome, confronted the occupants and began to assault a person. The suspects then fled the scene.
The victim was taken to hospital by Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and treated for non-life threatening injuries. The other three occupants were not injured.
On October 10, 2019 at approximately 10:00 a.m., officers from the North Bay OPP Crime Unit and the North Bay Police Service arrested James Joseph (JJ) HENDRY, age 37, of no fixed address, at a residence in the City of North Bay.
The accused is charged with the following:
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose, contrary to section 88 of the Criminal Code (CC);
- Aggravated Assault, contrary to section 268 of the CC;
- Break, Enter Dwelling House – commit indictable offence, contrary to section 348(1)(b) of the CC;
- Disguise with Intent, contrary to section 351(2) of the CC; and
- Conspiracy to Commit Indictable Offence, contrary to section 465(1)(c) of the CC
The accused was held in custody and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice Bail Court in North Bay on October 11, 2019.